Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Shipwreck Casserole

This is a freezer friendly casserole that my family loves.  Be sure to check the labels manufacturers have been known to change ingredients so that they're no longer gluten free.

Ingredients

  • 1 lbs ground beef, seasoned and browned
  • 1 Onion. sliced or diced, it doesn't particularly matter
  • 1 bag of sliced frozen carrots or sliced fresh carrots
  • Enough diced potatoes to fill your pan when everything is combined
  • 1 can of tomato sauce (generally gluten free but always check the label!)
  • 1 can of sloppy joe sauce (generally gluten free but always check the label!)

Combine all the ingredients in a casserole dish and bake for 1 hour at 375 degrees.  Seriously that's it. Make a double batch and freeze half of it.  You can also make this with peas, but my family definitely prefers the carrots.

4 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm making this tonight!!! Thanks for the tip.

    http://www.funkiplanet.com

    PS: if you disable your CAPTCHA on comments I'll have more time to look around your site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I hate captcha! I didn't even realize it was still turned on, I have too many blogs lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I made this tonight and it was a BIG hit. This will definitely be a go-to recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your family enjoyed this, my grandma used to make this recipe with canned peas (blech) but everyone seems to like the revised recipe : )

    ReplyDelete